PRODUCT PAGE: http://www.hexater.com/themes/authority-zone/
Theme demos are provided for a couple of reasons. First, of course, so you can get an idea of how the theme looks and feels before you purchase.
Secondly, with this user guide and referencing the same demo, you can replicate it on your own domain and website. Test and try everything out before you start setting things up with your own products, services and/or content; take it for a test drive and see how everything works.
And, from there, it also gives you a great starting point or framework to add your own content, media, layouts and configurations.
This theme’s demo: http://demos.hexater.com/authority-zone/
Just reference the demo above and follow the instructions below this section.
WordPress Install & Theme Activation
Install the Newest Version of WordPress (see: How to Install WordPress).
How to Install Sample Content
This section is optional. Sometimes it’s helpful to first set up your new theme to look like our Theme Demo and then modify it per your needs. To help accomplish that, we provide both the Content and Setup Routine below and an XML file that will import our sample content and media.
If you haven't already, you'll find this file to download in your themes admin under the ADMIN MENU > Appearance > Hexater Theme Info.
Here’s how to install the sample content:
- ADMIN: Tools >> Import
- WordPress – Click Install Now
- WordPress – Run importer
- Browse and Choose the XML Content File You Downloaded
- Click Upload File & Import
- Assign Post to Existing User or Create a New User
- Tick the Box: Download and import file attachments
Important: The XML only installs default posts, pages or media with some exceptions. It does not import content into the customizer, custom posts or other special settings areas (eg, post meta-boxes).
It also does not automatically configure any other settings, widgets or menus. You will need to follow the Content and Setup Routine outlined in this doc and add everything not imported by the XML manually.
Warning: sample content should ONLY be imported on a fresh install of WordPress. It should not be used if you have an existing website, installation of WordPress and previous content.
Theme Customizer Routine
ADMIN: Appearance >> Customize
LIVE PREVIEW: The customizer is an awesome, core feature of WordPress that we take full advantage of in our themes. As you make changes on the left panel, you can see those changes update and appear in the live preview to the right.
Theme Customizer Steps
The customizer is divided into top level panels. Each Panel is divided again into sections.
PANEL: Header Settings
- Logo Placement: Upload image OR add site title
PANEL: Front Page Settings
- Static Front Page & Blog
- Choose a page that uses the Front Page template (this is set in the page editor).
- Hero Content Area
- This controls the top of the front page (large background, image, text and button)
- As Seen On
- Here’s where you can add all your As Seen On images.
- Featured Product
- The featured product section uses a font-awesome icon (more instructions in the customizer)
- Latest Posts
- Choose the Latest Posts title and number to show.
- Featured Speakers
- Add your featured speakers names, descriptions and links.
- Featured Content Area
- Choose a page, post or custom content for the featured section.
- Secondary Products
- Choose an icon to represent various medium or products. Add custom links.
PANEL: Footer Settings
- Footer Bar – Copyright (alternate box for those that don’t want to use default formatting) …also, automatically adds year range if the founded date is earlier year. (eg, 2001-2016)
- Footer – Custom Content
- Create Menu
- Choose Menu Location (Header Only with this theme)
- Add items
PANEL: Choose a Different Color Scheme
- If the default color scheme for this theme doesn't suit you, feel free to try out these other options put together by our design team!
PANEL: Widget Areas (only visible if you navigate into the site)
- Primary Sidebar – add widgets that will show up on all internal pages with a sidebar.
PANEL: Advanced Controls
- Color Workshop – Here you can
change colors individually on the site (works with any scheme).
- The palettes represent the various sections of the site the colors under it can be found.
- Custom CSS
- Use this box to add your own custom css sitewide.