PRODUCT PAGE: https://www.hexater.com/themes/brainy-site/
Theme demos are provided for a couple of reasons. First, of course, so you can get an idea of how the theme looks and feels before you purchase.
Secondly, with this user guide and referencing the same demo, you can replicate it on your own domain and website. Test and try everything out before you start setting things up with your own products, services and/or content; take it for a test drive and see how everything works.
And, from there, it also gives you a great starting point or framework to add your own content, media, layouts and configurations.
This theme’s demo: http://demos.hexater.com/brainy-site/
Just reference the demo above and follow the instructions below this section.
WordPress Install & Theme Activation
Install the Newest Version of WordPress (see: How to Install WordPress).
How to Install Sample Content
This section is optional. Sometimes it’s helpful to first set up your new theme to look like our Theme Demo and then modify it per your needs. To help accomplish that, we provide both the Content and Setup Routine below and an XML file that will import our sample content and media.
If you haven't already, you'll find this file to download in your themes admin under the ADMIN MENU > Appearance > Hexater Theme Info.
Here’s how to install the sample content:
- ADMIN: Tools >> Import
- WordPress – Click Install Now
- WordPress – Run importer
- Browse and Choose the XML Content File You Downloaded
- Click Upload File & Import
- Assign Post to Existing User or Create a New User
- Tick the Box: Download and import file attachments
Important: The XML only installs default posts, pages or media with some exceptions. It does not import content into the customizer, custom posts or other special settings areas (eg, post meta-boxes).
It also does not automatically configure any other settings, widgets or menus. You will need to follow the Content and Setup Routine outlined in this doc and add everything not imported by the XML manually.
Warning: sample content should ONLY be imported on a fresh install of WordPress. It should not be used if you have an existing website, installation of WordPress and previous content.
Theme Customizer Routine
ADMIN: Appearance >> Customize
LIVE PREVIEW: The customizer is an awesome, core feature of WordPress that we take full advantage of in our themes. As you make changes on the left panel, you can see those changes update and appear in the live preview to the right.
Theme Customizer Steps
The customizer is divided into top level panels. Each Panel is divided again into sections.
PANEL: General Options
- Tick Add Top Menu Descriptions if they will be used (descriptions are optional).
PANEL: Header Settings
- Logo Placement: Upload image OR add title and tagline text
PANEL: Front Page Settings
- General Options
- Tick Right Align Featured Image if the featured image is to be right aligned.
- After you add the Featured Image below, come back to this box, content margin, if you need to adjust the position of the Featured Content (title, desc, button) vertically.
- Featured Image
- Upload or add image from media gallery
- Static Front Page & Blog
- Add the page that uses our Front Page template.
- Add your blog location if needed.
- Featured Content
- Add title, description and button text/link that will display in the Hero section (above the fold on the home page)
- Testimonial or Other Content
- Add a snippet of text here you’d like to highlight OR add a testimonial w/ the optional name, title AND image (image is required..).
- Highlight – Section 1
- Choose a Page to Feature from the dropdown — Featured Image required!
- Highlight – Section 2
- Same as above.
PANEL: Footer Settings
- Footer Bar – Copyright
- Choose Your Copyright Year and Enter Your Company or Website name
- Create Menu
- Choose Menu Location (Header Only with this theme)
- Add items
- If you are using descriptions, you’ll need to add the description to the descriptions field as illustrated below:
PANEL: Choose a Different Color Scheme
- This theme comes with additional color schemes.
PANEL: Widget Areas
- FP Showcase Row 1 (front page
widgets below the featured hero section)
- Use 3 **Showcase Widgets** ONLY.. this section is designed only for these custom widgets
- FP Showcase Row 2
- Same as above.
- FP Footer Row
- Add your 4 footer widgets.
- Footer Social Bar
- Add 1 **Social Buttons Bar** widget and enter your social sites URLs
PANEL: Advanced Controls
- Color Workshop – Here you can
change colors individually on the site (works with any scheme).
- The palettes represent the various sections of the site the colors under it can be found.
- Custom CSS
- A convenient way to add your own custom CSS if you have the skills.