PRODUCT PAGE: https://www.hexater.com/themes/nourish-to-flourish/
Theme demos are provided for a couple of reasons. First, of course, so you can get an idea of how the theme looks and feels before you purchase.
Secondly, with this user guide and referencing the same demo, you can replicate it on your own domain and website. Test and try everything out before you start setting things up with your own products, services and/or content; take it for a test drive and see how everything works.
And, from there, it also gives you a great starting point or framework to add your own content, media, layouts and configurations.
This theme’s demo: http://demos.hexater.com/nourish-to-flourish/
Just reference the demo above and follow the instructions below this section.
WordPress Install & Theme Activation
Install the Newest Version of WordPress (see: How to Install WordPress).
How to Install Sample Content
This section is optional. Sometimes it’s helpful to first set up your new theme to look like our Theme Demo and then modify it per your needs. To help accomplish that, we provide both the Content and Setup Routine below and an XML file that will import our sample content and media.
If you haven't already, you'll find this file to download in your themes admin under the ADMIN MENU > Appearance > Hexater Theme Info.
Here’s how to install the sample content:
- ADMIN: Tools >> Import
- WordPress – Click Install Now
- WordPress – Run importer
- Browse and Choose the XML Content File You Downloaded
- Click Upload File & Import
- Assign Post to Existing User or Create a New User
- Tick the Box: Download and import file attachments
Important: The XML only installs default posts, pages or media with some exceptions. It does not import content into the customizer, custom posts or other special settings areas (eg, post meta-boxes).
It also does not automatically configure any other settings, widgets or menus. You will need to follow the Content and Setup Routine outlined in this doc and add everything not imported by the XML manually.
Warning: sample content should ONLY be imported on a fresh install of WordPress. It should not be used if you have an existing website, installation of WordPress and previous content.
Theme Customizer Routine
ADMIN: Appearance >> Customize
LIVE PREVIEW: The customizer is an awesome, core feature of WordPress that we take full advantage of in our themes. As you make changes on the left panel, you can see those changes update and appear in the live preview to the right.
Theme Customizer Steps
The customizer is divided into top level panels. Each Panel is divided again into sections.
PANEL: Header Settings
- Logo Placement
- Upload and/or add your logo here. Alternatively, you can use the text box to add a Site Title.
- The text box content will only show if there is no logo uploaded.
- Wrap any word in a HTML <span> tag to apply cursive font to it.
- Promo Bar
- Add text and select a link for the top promo bar. Leave the text field blank to disable the promo bar.
PANEL: Front Page Settings
- Static Front Page & Blog
- Set your static front page to the page that uses the Front Page template. Also, set the page you want for recent posts (blog).
- Hero Section
- Upload a background image, add your text, and select a link for the button.
- You may add font awesome HTML (icons) in the text fields. Visit the following page and click any icon for the HTML: http://fontawesome.io/icons/
- Categories Section
- Add text for the heading.
- Add up to 3 categories and arrange by dragging and dropping.
- About Section
- Upload an image, add your text, and select a link for the button.
- Instagram Section
- Download the Instagram Gallery plugin.
- Add a new gallery in the plugin setting panel and copy the generated shortcode.
- Paste the generated shortcode in the customizer options.
- Section Visibility
- Mark the sections that you want to appear on the front page.
PANEL: Footer Settings
- Footer Bar – Copyright (alternate box at the bottom for those that don’t want to use default formatting) …also, automatically adds year range if the founded date is earlier year. (eg, 2001-2016)
- Create Menu
- Choose Menu Location (This theme includes a Main Menu and Top Menu)
- Add items
PANEL: Choose a Different Color Scheme
- If the default color scheme for this theme doesn't suit you, feel free to try out these other options put together by our design team!
PANEL: Widget Areas (only visible if you navigate into the site)
- Primary Sidebar – add widgets that will show up on all blog posts and internal pages with a sidebar.
- Footer Lead Capture – Add the “[Hexater] Lead Capture” widget to create a sign up form. Download this PDF for detailed widget instructions.
Note: In Settings -> Hexater Lead Capture -> General Settings, enable the Frontend CSS option to use the theme styling for the form.
PANEL: Advanced Controls
- Color Workshop – Here you can
change colors individually on the site (works with any scheme).
- The palettes represent the various sections of the site the colors under it can be found.
PANEL: Additional CSS
- Custom CSS
- As of WordPress 4.7, this section should be used to add custom css.